Sunday 11 September 2016

22 Day Push Up Challenge



I did the 22 day push up challenge to commemorate veterans who are suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

This was part of a campaign set out by #22KILL to raise awareness that 22 veterans lose their life to suicide every day mainly because they have become institutionalised and struggle to make that transition from their military life to a civilian one.

Research shows the main reason they feel so isolated is because they have lost their sense of purpose and all their skills and expertise they would have acquired, are no longer deemed to have any value.

This is of course not true, because they can inspire thousands of people with their fitness drills they had once brutally perfected as part of their regime.

Here is a short video of my progress .....

22 DAY PUSH UP CHALLENGE

I do push ups as part of my weekly training anyway but I knew the daily grind of doing more than 20 would be particularly testing as there would be no 'rest day' but something miraculous happened ..... around day 12 I was able to complete them with much greater ease . The biceps I expected but I developed ab definition and lost another 2 lbs with absolutely no change to my diet.

The challenge took no more than 2 minutes a day with including any added variations and the greatest amount of time was spent actually recording the exercise and editing it for the 60 second Instagram window.

Bottom line: If I can do it - anyone can.

If you can't find the time to train, I know I get it - you have a life - I need just ONE minute please?

My training philosophy is all about progress.

If you've got even an ounce of inspiration from this, please like my Facebook page @deviworkout.

Peace out y'all

Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment