Sunday 27 March 2016

How to break up with the Love of your Life

I knew something wasn't right,  not only was it not working, it was HURTING me. Numerous people tried to warn me but I refused to accept it!



I thought a break for a few weeks would help.  I was pining for the first few days  I won't lie, but after precisely 3 weeks it became somewhat bearable.  I filled my life with new, positive things,  and it worked.

This weekend I came face to face with the object of my desire,  and this is what I had to say.

"The distance has made me realise you were no good for me!  All these years I loved you,  but it seems I was just addicted to you in an unhealthy way.  Don't get me wrong,  you look great, even now,  but I'm going to be honest,  I don't even fancy you anymore.
I've made up my mind.  It's over".

Here is a picture of (what I thought was) my true love:




Bread.

I gave it up for Lent.   It's been an eye opening experience for sure,  and I'm never looking back.  This extends to pizza,  naan, baguettes.... you name it.

Breakups don't have to hurt.  In fact,  the opposite can be true.  :-)

Happy Easter

Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment